By joining Fife Family History Society you get the following benefits:
- Use of our members only area
- Support and help from other members through our Discussion Board (also open to non members)
- A copy of our Journal 3 times a year (with option for electronic download) These normally come out as follows: Jan/Feb – Winter, April/May – Spring and Sept/Oct – Summer.
- A Monthly Newsletter (electronic download)
- Free entry to 8 talks a year from September to April
- Members Outing in May
- Records & Records Archive to help with your research
- Two hours free research help
Research (This is for Fife Family History Society Members only):
We are able to provide a free research service to members of Fife Family History Society under the following guidelines.
- The Fife Family History Society membership number should be advised with each request.
- The time spent on any query will be restricted to a maximum of two hours.
- If it is agreed that there is a requirement to visit a Record Office in Fife or Edinburgh the member will be advised of the likely travel costs and entrance fee if applicable.
- Expenses will be charged even if a search of the Record Office doesn’t provide any additional information.
- Research expenses are to be paid in advance of forwarding a reply to the query.
- We are unable to guarantee a response time, as we are dependent on the goodwill of our voluntary researchers and their workload at any given time.
- Members will be advised if there is likelihood that further research beyond the initial two hours may be productive. The Society can provide the names of professional genealogists whom members can approach if desired.
- Fife Family History Society will not be responsible for any information or advice given to a member by a professional genealogist, as this will be a private arrangement between these parties.
UK membership £15.00 (£45 for 3 years)
Overseas membership £20.00. (£60 for 3 years)
Electronic Journal £10 (£30 for 3 years)
Membership runs from 1 January