We are able to provide a free research service to members of Fife Family History Society under the following guidelines.
- Members are asked to submit their query using the email address registered at the time of joining (please advise the membership secretary of any changes)
- The time spent on any query will be restricted to a maximum of two hours and will be undertaken on a voluntary basis
- If it is agreed that there is a requirement to visit a Record Office in Fife or Edinburgh the member will be advised of the likely travel costs and entrance fee if applicable.
- Expenses will be charged even if a search of the Record Office doesn’t provide any additional information.
- Research expenses are to be paid in advance of forwarding a reply to the query.
- We are unable to guarantee a response time, as we are dependent on the goodwill of our voluntary researchers and their workload at any given time.
- Members will be advised if there is likelihood that further research beyond the initial two hours may be productive. The Society can provide the names of professional genealogists whom members can approach if desired.
Fife Family History Society will not be responsible for any information or advice given to a member by a professional genealogist, as this will be a private arrangement between these parties.