Membership of Fife Family History Society
Our cost for membership is only £10 per annum.
You can also join for 3 years for £30.
Why become a member?
Access to our Record Archives
Access to our Journal Archives
Access to our Fife Death Index
(pre-1855 recorded deaths, burials & monumental inscriptions)
Access to the Discussion Forum
(Support and help from other members)
A copy of our Journal 3 times a year
Some help with research (2 hours max)
Members’ Outing in May
Free entry to 8 talks a year from September to April
Join Fife Family History Society
We can provide a research service (Member benefit)
We are able to provide a free research service to members of Fife Family History Society under the following guidelines.
- The Fife Family History Society membership id (if known) should be advised with each request.
- The time spent on any query will be restricted to a maximum of two hours.
- If it is agreed that there is a requirement to visit a Record Office in Fife or Edinburgh the member will be advised of the likely travel costs and entrance fee if applicable.
- Expenses will be charged even if a search of the Record Office doesn’t provide any additional information.
- Research expenses are to be paid in advance of forwarding a reply to the query.
- We are unable to guarantee a response time, as we are dependent on the goodwill of our voluntary researchers and their workload at any given time.
- Members will be advised if there is likelihood that further research beyond the initial two hours may be productive. The Society can provide the names of professional genealogists whom members can approach if desired.
Fife Family History Society will not be responsible for any information or advice given to a member by a professional genealogist, as this will be a private arrangement between these parties.