This is an accessibility statement from Fife Family History Society.
measures to support accessibility
Fife Family History Society takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the website:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Make continued efforts to ensure the website remains accessible as far as possible in our routine maintenance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Fife Family History Society is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
additional accessibility considerations
There was no additional accessibility consideration added.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on fifefhs.org:
- Phone: 07767 745129
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered Address: c/o Cupar Library 33 Crossgate, Cupar, Fife, KY15 5AS
We try to respond to feedback within ten business days.
compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Fife Family History Society is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- We expect our users to be using the latest versions of freely available browsers on their devices. For example Google Chrome on Windows PC or Safari on Apple Mac or Default Browser on Android mobile phone.
Fife Family History Society is not compatible with:
- We know of no incompatible environments. This website is designed to work on all platforms and devices.
Accessibility of Fife Family History Society relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Fife Family History Society, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Fife Family History Society:
- In some cases, we may not be able to ensure instant accessibility of user-generated content.: Part of this website is content made available to visitors and editors and users enter their own details and manage their own content. We cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We do our best to monitor the submissions as they come in and will make amendments where we can. Please use the ‘report issue’ button if you encounter an issue.
- Some pages have an iframe where language is defined in this manner: en_gb. This is a minor issue that is caused by the Google Recaptcha anti-spam checker for the contact form. We cannot influence this.
- The arrangement of the landmark elements in the header of the website is complex. This means that adhering to a strict landmark element hierarchy is not possible. This is a minor issue that will not obscure the user experience, rather enhance the experience with a mega-menu design, which allows for easy navigation around the website.
Fife Family History Society assessed the accessibility of the website by the following approaches:
Please contact us using the contact form on our website – https://fifefhs.org/about/contact/
This statement was created on 5th May 2022 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.